Saturday, July 13, 2013

Zimmerman Verdict, The Law Upheld?

  As the verdict spreads across the country, I read the worry of riots and the outcries of injustice. I hear (and read) that the system has failed. I am here to say that I do not see it that way. The way that we have it set up (especially for those that want to follow blindly) the system worked perfectly
 1) There was an accused
 2) He was scheduled a trial
 3) Prosecution and defense ensued
 4) A jury of his peers deliberated over the evidence
 5) the jury reached a decision

Isn't that exactly how the system is supposed to work? Is this not what was called for in outrage? Is that not exactly what happened?
 My heart goes out to the Martin family for their loss. My heart goes out to the Zimmerman family for what they are going to have to endure.
 My gratitude goes to the Jury for upholding the law and the concept of self defense.

 I want to be very clear,I do not think we need a vigilante police force. I do not recommend taking a bite out of crime by seeking out criminals outside of your home. Every agency that I am familiar with discourages the attempt of arresting or engaging another unless necessary for self defense or the defense of another. I do not think that it is a good idea to put yourself in harms way. But, for whatever reason you find yourself in fear for your life, I hope you have the ability to defend yourself as a law abiding citizen.


Whether you live in Oregon or not, this is a great book with a great foundation on the self defense laws. These laws vary from state to state and I strongly recommend that you study the laws for your state. This book also talks about the justification of deadly force and even has a chapter on the Martin/Zimmerman incident. I recommend it.


Read 
Study
Learn

No comments:

Post a Comment