Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Concealed Carry in Illinois is here

There are a lot of hoops to jump through...

   a) Must posses a Illinois FOID card (Firearm Owners ID card)

   b) 16 hours of approved training (may be lower depending on applicants current training and certification and military training) no less than 8 additional hours

   c) Application fee of $150 for Illinois residents ($300 for non residents)

   d) Online application process through state police.

but the point is, Sunday January 4th, 2014 they will begin taking applications online.

  Am I going to get one? Hell yes.
  Am I going to Illinois? Probably not. I am not crazy. But, if I ever have to go I want to be able to protect myself. Murphy's law and all that.

For now I have the online and in-person classes in many states, but I think I will get certified to teach the excruciatingly long class class just for giggles.

 And don't forget that anyone can watch Jefferson teaching handgun safety for free at www.oregonconcealedtraining.com
(as soon as the server is switched over, hopefully by January 02, 2014


I hope you all had as great of a new year as I did

No comments:

Post a Comment